Thursday, May 27, 2010

Blues Learning!

First, we gonna learn for how to play blues, why blues?, because blues is the root of all music, so if you can play blues you can play anything:D. It's important thing to play blues, you must get the soul, if you played blues with out your soul, the tone wouldn't out perfectly, so the audience can't catch what you play!
Basic blues is 12 bar blues, the formula is:

Basic 12 Bar Blues:

|I7...|I7...|I7...|I7...|
|IV7...|IV7...|I7...|I7...|
|V7...|IV7...|I7...|V7...|


play that blues well, and next phase is, scale on blues, with this scale you can play a blue note, a special note with blues sound or 3rd flat note.

here is the scale

Pentatonic scale : note 1-2-3-5-6 on gamut.

Blues scale : 1-b3-4-b5-5-b7-8 on gamut

two scales above, is always played on blues, so you must explores the scales and chord for blues. Blues usually played with dominant 7 chord, it's really have taste for blues you know. when people start playing blues, the soul will appear, it doesn't matter your blues skill is jerk, blues talking about soul, not the skill.

Soul number 1, skill number 2.

so and so much about blues that you must explore by yourself.


No comments:

Post a Comment